Kakadu by Night
- websites in respect of atenolol online
- all about synthroid online stores out america
- cheapest kenalog
- buy cheap erythromycin out of michigan
- order zoloft
- news with regard to quinine prescription of colorado
Aboriginal Culture and Night Wildlife Boat Cruise
Kakadu by Night! Sample Bushtucker Meats from our Outback BBQ! Hear Aboriginal stories of the Dreamtime!
The only night spotlight boat cruise in the World Heritage Area. This exciting wildlife safari is in the heart of Kakadu on board a specially designed 22 seat boat. Cruise Djarradjin Billabong while spotlighting for the myriad of Kakadu wildlife that comes alive after dark.
This boat cruise has been specifically developed with the bird and wildlife watcher in mind. See ‘day’ birds roosting on the billabong just waiting to be photographed (flash photography permitted at guide’s discretion) and observe our nocturnal species ‘working’ the waterway, a fantastic and unique Kakadu birding experience!
- Look for crocodiles, birds, snakes, turtles and even Barramundi fish in the shallows!
- There are 13 ‘true’ crocodile (Crocodylinae) species in the world. Hear all about Australia’s two crocodilians, the man eating Estuarine Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) or “Ginga” in Kakadu’s Gundjeihmi language, and the smaller Freshwater Crocodile (Crocodylus johnstoni) or “Gumugen”. We have both species in our billabong from tiny 10cm freshwater hatchlings (getting bigger every day!) to the mighty 5m resident salty, “The Boss!”.
- Your guides are local Bininj (Aboriginal) people who are also Kakadu Park Rangers, so you can hear how Park Rangers manage saltwater crocodiles and other plants and animals in the World Heritage Area.
- When conditions allow we operate the cruise without a boat canopy. Just look up, the Kakadu night sky is AWESOME!
- View informative demonstrations of basket weaving, bush tucker and traditional plant use. Hear Jenny’s Warramarramundji ‘Creation Mother’ Dreamtime story.
- Learn how to throw a hunting spear, and try blowing a didgeridoo. We teach you! Guest participation is encouraged!
- This boat cruise is also available for professional wildlife photo journalists, film crews and bird watching groups as a special charter. Target species on request. *National Park filming permit required for commercial photography.
|When||Available for only private charter and special interest groups (15 pax minimum) the dry season (May-October).|
|Where||Coming from Jabiru, Muirella Park Campground is 30km south on the Kakadu Highway, turn left onto sign posted and sealed road. * Meet at the shower block at 5.25pm..|
|Time||5.30pm – 8.30pm|
|Bring||Camera, binoculars, torch (to walk 150m down to the billabong), small water bottle etc.|
|Wear||Recommend light full length clothing.|
A$90 Age 3-15
|Reservations||Tour Code – KCC1.
Book online or use the contact details below.
|+61 428 792 048
+61 8 89792 048
|0428 792 048
+ 61 428 792 048